rhys

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:41:05 -0500, Jeff Morris
wrote:

I'd say you probably scored a nice unit, especially if you're looking
for a backup.

You should see this thing. It resembles a price check scanner from a
supermarket, or the larger sort of PIN number consoles for a debit
card terminal. But it looks great, and you can believe from the
aluminum, rubber coated mounts that it was meant to be clamped to a
Cessna's steering yoke.

It figured out my height above sea level at home, which is 60 feet
higher than the "lake front datum" I inputed of 240 or so feet, and
self corrected.

It has XTE and ETE and ETA and gives me five characters to name
waypoints, not three. It also has location-specific sunrise and sunset
times (which a lot of units have) and azimuth angles (which they
don't). Plus if I want to sail to any of several hundred airports, I'm
good to go. G

So, yeah, I can easily see this in my nav station.