On 2/18/05, Ed wrote:
the Thunderbird-Mozilla news reader. Its asking me for the news group
server

I've been using news.individual.net (http://news.individual.net) for
several years and recommend it highly. Yes they are switching from
free service to fee service on April 1 but only 10 Euros (about
$13.50) per year at current exchange rates.

Having said that, I'll probably drop it by April because my ISP
provides a news server at no extra charge and last time I used it, it
was reasonably decent.

Unless there's some specific reason for staying with AOL. I join
others in recommending that you find an alternative. There are better
choices at lower rates available and most furnish a news server thrown
in with the deal.

Rick