Doug Dotson

We used a couple of the holders used to install a closet pole. One on the
back of the hatch
face, the other on the front of the forward part of the companionway. A
dowel can then be
layed in to present the hatch from sliding open. Simple. I can take a
digipic of it and
send it to you if you would like. Just drop me a private email I can reply
to.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Stephen Trapani" wrote in message
What are the best ways to lock the cabin hatch from the inside? I've been
considering a slider on each side that slides into drilled out holes, but
those seem kind of micky mouse.

Is there a ready made latch for this or another kind of jury rig setup
that works well? I've got the typical sliding top and three removable
slats type set up.

thanks,

Stephen