Clams Canino

Default FRS / GMRS Radio FCC licensing

I thought about that...... and postulated that what FCC resources were
reallocated to monitor these bands as part of the anti-terror campaign,
would also be too busy focusing on "chatter" that sounded encripted in some
way.

I still don't think they have the time, or tools, to hassle the operator
that says: "Hey, while on your way to the ramp, grab an extra pizza and a
milk. And hollar when you're close so I can come meet you."

( I have a pizza place trained to deliver to my boat anyway.... heh)

The liscense requirement may well be a way to generate revenue, but if they
really need big money all they need to do is wait for Stern to commit more
full frontal nudity on the radio. hehe

-W

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Clams Canino wrote:

To date, I've never heard of a case of FCC enforcement on CB that didn't
involve numerous complaints about the same operator coupled with the FCC
being spoon fed the location of the offender. These complaints always
involved very excessive power, or extremely profane operation.

Unliscensed
operation was way too petty to squander resources on.

-W

You're probably right, but with the current political atmosphere in
Washington, DC, and the lunatic in the AG's office, you never know.
Perhaps an investment in Campbell's zoup cans and string...

--
Email sent to is never read.