John H

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:34:40 -0500, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:23:28 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On 17 Feb 2005 07:07:06 -0800, "Ed" wrote:

Being new to this news group stuff, can someone explain to me how a
news group reader works ? Are there any free downloads programs? I like
getting it in my email but AOL and Google has no filters available and
seems i dont get all the posts.

Free Agent is a good email/newsreader - simple to set up and it will
do some tricks others won't.

I think Agent is about the best out there.....

Free Agent is fine, but lacks filters. The purchased Agent is easy to
use and is loaded with extra features that can be employed as the user
gains more experience and becomes a more sophisticated news-grouper...

I agree. The purchased Agent ($29 ??) is well worth the price. It's one of the
most stable, useful programs I've ever used.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes