Bryan

I use an old B&D that I bought new for $30 bucks when I was 15, 30 years
ago. How the hell did that happen.

Every spring I went to the boat yard and contracted to buff, sand, paint,
blister repair, glass work, and whatever. It paid for a good chunk of
college and bought a few beers. I still use the B&D and it is still going
strong. The new Makita's are much like the old B&D and are very nice units.
My brother uses a Milwaukee that is very nice but your shoulders are gonna
know it at the end of the day.

I also use a Porter Cable right angle electric DA with lambs wool and foam
pads. I like this set up almost as much as the B&D and there are no swirl
marks.

No polishing this year, NEW AWLGRIP!!

Good luck

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
I've been using an old Sears 7 inch automobile buffer for years to do my
annual topside waxing, but I've noticed others in the yard have a heavy
duty buffer that works a lot better. However, I haven't seen anything in
the stores that's sold as a buffer. Does anyone have any advice on what I
might get? Since I'll only use it a few times a year it doesn't have to
be super high quality.

Also, I've heard its easy to get too aggressive with these buffers; any
advice?