Gordon Wedman

Other folks have given you good advice.
I'd just like to suggest you immigrate to Vancouver. You will have a
fantastic time with your boat on the West coast. I suppose the East coast
is OK for short trips and perhaps better if you wish to do really long
trips, say to Florida, but the West coast has a lot to offer with just a
short cruise.

"Martin Woolwich" wrote in message
I am hoping to move permanently to Canada in 2007.

I have a 55ft Motor boat which I would like to bring with me. The boat
is approx 32 tons net weight and Part 1 UK Registered

I have RYA dayskipper Theory, Practical and RYA VHF DSC operators licence.

Where do I even begin to find out what I am required to do in order to
make this vessel OK in Canada and me to pilot it?

Forget any issue of transportation and power supplies etc, I have those
bits under control

Also I have identified a newsgroup called can.rec.boating which may be
helpful to me but this is the first time I have ever tried to work with
newsgroups and my news server does not find this. Any ideas (in layman's
terms) how I might be able to connect to this group?

Hope someone can help