DSK

Wilson wrote:
I can see where my post can lead everyone to think i'm a complete
moron.. Don't worry, I don't want to do the 7 day course

Why not? Other than the expense, it's a good learning experience.
Although I've been sailing all my life, I took some courses with my wife
and gained a lot from the experience.

... and i'm not
going to be buying something and sailing in the short term.

It will be a couple of years before I even get the boat, and I intend
to be going to classes way before then.

Don't neglect metting other sailors and going out on other people's
boats. There is a chronic shortage of crew, you'd be amazed how welcome
willing hands are. This is great way to learn everything from how to
sail, learn about different boats, and learn about your sailing area.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, I'll check out the USCG classes..

They are a good inexpensive alternative to one of the resort type
sailing schools. Don't neglect the local library either.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King