Short Wave Sportfishing

On 16 Feb 2005 08:20:57 -0800, "Wilson" wrote:

I can see where my post can lead everyone to think i'm a complete
moron..

ROTFL!!!!

We're all morons in this group. :)

Don't worry, I don't want to do the 7 day course and i'm not
going to be buying something and sailing in the short term.

It will be a couple of years before I even get the boat, and I intend
to be going to classes way before then.

Why not? Spend a couple of grand and buy a Sailfish or Laser. You
will get a feel for what's what and you can't get into very much
trouble with those (as long as you don't try to cross the Atlantic
with one). It will put perspective on your future lessons.

As for the mapquest request, I really just want to find out how far it
is between locations... If i was at home, I could pull up a real map
and check by hand, but in the office I can't really do that. Anyway, I
just needed the distance to check into what type of boats will I end up
with when the time comes...

I must have missed something - oh well.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, I'll check out the USCG classes..

Do that. And take the advanced class while you are at it.

Come to think of it, if you want to get a feel for navigation, pick up
a copy of "The Boater's Bowditch" which I liked a little better than
Chapman's treatise.

Later,

Tom