rhys

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:38:03 -0500, Jeff Morris
wrote:

Does that sum it up?

Yup. After sailing a sistership with the radar mounted high on the
mast, I mounted mine below the baby stay, and never regretted it.

Good. Thanks. One day I hope to use this information wisely.

Reason I'm asking is that steel ketches look good to me on a number of
levels.

Now, if I can just figure out how to put a windvane AND davits behind
a mizzen mast....G

The windvane should go high on the mizzen, as on my friends boat:
http://www.sv-loki.com/Moonshadow/Pg22.jpg

Note that the davits are behind, and also serve as a good place for
solar panels.

Agreed, but I didn't mean windvane as in wind generator, but as in
"mechanical self-steering" like this: http://www.voyagerwindvanes.com/

I can't determine how THAT would work on a ketch, with or without
davits.

R.