rhys

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 04:44:49 GMT, Larry W4CSC wrote:

Furuno? Anyone had water destroy a Furuno radar dome??

OK, crap construction drives me nuts, particularly when it's something
(like a radar) which MUST spend its working life out in the elements.

Assuming the radar itself isn't absolute crap...like that "Mars Bar"
radar the Brits made 25 years ago, say...what is *your* radar of
choice for durability? 'Cause once I go up the mast, I don't want
anything short of a hurricane to cause damage to that radome...

My buddy swears by his old Kodan CRT unit, but he's got a big ketch
and more room and power than most people to play with. The thing is a
toaster-sized box bolted to his coaming, and it takes skill to use it,
but if you can learn that skill, it's accurate as hell.

R.