Larry W4CSC

JR Gilbreath wrote in
:

Hi Larry
Is there an empty slip next to yours? You make it sound so inviting
that I thought I would come up and visit you.
JR Gilbreath

Plenty of empty slips near us in Charleston City Marina, just beyond CG
Base Charleston where you turn south off the Ashley River into Wappoo Cut
to go down the ditch. This morning the huge expedition ship on the face
dock set sail. There's room for your 170'er out there, now! Sure looked
big from the 12' Folda-Bote...(c;

Come on up/down! City (or Ashley Marina for that matter) have hourly vans
to downtown attractions or you can simply walk across the peninsula past
houses that listened to Confederate guns on The Battery, which ends at the
CG Base, shelling Ft Sumter during The Unpleasantness in 1861.

BTW, Charleston was, again, voted #1 in manners and hospitality in the USA.

If you drag your feet a few weeks, the restaurant/cafe/lounge that was
Pusser's in the Old Rice Mill building right in the middle of the City
Marina will be open as a new one, again. The J-dock gang anxiously awaits
its re-opening....(c; Our J-dock tiki bar won't be open for a few more
weeks while the palm fronds for the thatched roof are collected.

If you're fed up with waterfront fish houses, we can drive the 35 miles up
to Ridgeville, SC, for the best SC open-pit BBQ on Thurs-Sat. Friendliest
Rednecks in the South. I took some French and French-Canadian sailors up
there, once. I don't think rural Rednecks ever heard French spoken, first
hand, before...hee hee. My guests seemed to like it. They all ate 3 or 4
plates in the all-you-can-eat elegant atmosphere on picnic tables and old
kitchen furniture inside the former car repair shop...(c; You'll get used
to the $5/person price.. It's the most cholesterol you can get for your
buck...

I'm easily plied with drinks and snacks.....