Gary S.

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:21:52 -0500, Dan Koretz
wrote:

MikeSoja wrote the following on 2/12/2005 10:10 PM:

I've found that the distance between the bars holding the cradles is
important. My bars were about six feet apart on my pickup truck.
The Montauk, at around 16 feet, fit in the J-cradles very well. But

Hadn't tought about that. A lot of cars, including both of mine, have
fixed mounting points for Thule or Yakima racks, and they are pretty
close together. And the Assateague is a very long boat.

Both Yakima and Thule have "short roofline" adaptors, for the same
reason of spreading the bars further apart.

Won't work on every vehicle, but worth a look.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA