Jack Dale

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 08:57:23 GMT, "Martin Woolwich"
wrote:

I am hoping to move permanently to Canada in 2007.

Where in Canada?

I have a 55ft Motor boat which I would like to bring with me. The boat is
approx 32 tons net weight and Part 1 UK Registered

I have RYA dayskipper Theory, Practical and RYA VHF DSC operators licence.

Where do I even begin to find out what I am required to do in order to make
this vessel OK in Canada and me to pilot it?

Check out http://www.tc.gc.ca/BoatingSafety/menu.htm for most
requirements.

You do not need a license for your boat, but you will need one for the
dinghy if less than 4 meters and powered.

You will probably need to get a Canadian VHF restricted operator's
certificate. Check with the Canadian Power Squadron about locating
the nearest examiner. You might want to get the ship's radio
licensed:

http://boating.ncf.ca/vhf.html#license

The vessel registration process is at

http://www.tc.gc.ca/MarineSafety/Shi...s/registry.htm