sherwindu

Ditto on the currents and barges. I motored my sailboat almost all the way down
from
Illinois to the Gulf. Besides the two previously mentioned problems, you can add
the
tricky winds that seem to be channeled to follow the rivers course. Also, you may
not
have good maneuverability to dodge the occasional logs and debris floating by.

Sherwin D.

"William R. Watt" wrote:

Anybody know about summer sailing on the Mississippi River?
How are the winds on the lower part, say below Kansas City?
Any sailing clubs along the route?

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm