DownTime

Default Typical gph for a 6 hp Mercury 4-stroke ?

"jchaplain" wrote in message
Good luck not becoming a statistic? Why the hell would you say that?
Just have nothing else to say? I guess you think Sven must be such a
foolhardy mariner for not putting a more powerfull outboat on his
SAILBOAT.....duh.
John C.

please go back and read the original post, and the first few response. I was
adding a bit of sarcasm, but this person asked a very open, somewhat boating
illiterate question and when others came to try and help by asking him for
more detailed information, the guy just blew them off. if it was not for his
two responses, I would not have said anything. twice he responded and never
answered the original question. other people were trying to help, and if he
choose to be so ignorant in his response, I would pretty much guarantee he
is the type who has a pretty high probability of becoming a statistic.

I may not have been clear, but I was thinking of a statistic in terms of
getting towed home because the captain in this case failed to adequately
plan his trip. I think he might be foolhardy to expect anyone else to know
his fuel consumption based solely on the engine. it has nothing to do with a
more powerful engine, just simple physics. is it a 20 fter or a 60 fter, it
would have a HUGE impact on the calculation of fuel consumption.