Clams Canino

Default Chaparral Bowrider Question

I don't - but in both my 4-Winns and Seaswirl the wiring scematic became
apparant enough, with enough staring at it.
Grab an Ohm meter and start tracing and take notes. There are usually two
main +12 circuits - the one that's always hot, and the one switched with the
ignition. The lights, horn, pump(s), radio, trim, etc should all be on the
constant on 12v line. All the guages should switch with the ignition. Take
one item at a time - one switch at a time and dig in.

-W

wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can find more information or a manual regarding

the
electrical schematics in particular for a 1980 Chaparral 187 Bowrider.

I have been trying to find information on this type of boat so I can help
someone fix up all the electrical gauges and stuff. Well, at least try to
bring it up to date.

It is a great little boat structurally but it needs some work inside.

Thanks

Robert Quick