Bruce in Alaska

In article . net,
"Doug" wrote:

OK Guys, lets see legal the following is then: Standard HX-370S, Type
accepted for Part 80 VHF Marine FM and Part 90 Land Mobile VHF-FM, has 40
Dealer programmable Part 90 channels 137-174 Mhz. If I program in 2 meter
144-148 MHz ham band, Part 97, frequencies into the land mobile memory
channels, does this mean it is now no longer type accepted? I don't think
so.
Doug, K7ABX

No, Doug. It isn't that you can program in channels that are not
covered under the Type Acceptance that invalidates the Type Acceptance.
It is, however, that ANY Physical MODIFICATION that changes any of the
Operational Charactoristics of the radio that invalidates the Type
Acceptance. In your case, as stated, you are not making any changes
to the radio itself, just adding frequencies to the memory of the radio.
This doesn't change the Operational Charactoristics of the radio, as it
is still exactly like it came from the OEM. If, however, you had to go
inside, and cut a diode, or flip a switch, or move a jumper, to add that
frequency, and that change needs to stay that way, in order to add the
programed channel, then you have MODIFIED, the radio and therfore
invalidated the Type Acceptance, for that radio.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @