Brian D

Seems like I recall seeing pictures from some surveyor somewhere that used
infrared film. I think he put heat lamps on the boat for awhile, then took
a picture. Variations in core due to core type, structure, and water
intrusion show up then you validate with drilling or a moisture meter. It's
been awhile, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but it could be interesting to try.

Brian D

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
"Bruce on horizon" wrote

Hi Group
I want to buy a high quality moisture meter to analyze my hull. What is

the
best and what should I have to pay?
Thanks
Bruce

A decent induction or capacitance type (pinless) meter for wood is going
cost about $200 but they are not all that good for hull surveys. They
only
give you a relative idea of where the wet spots are so even a basic model
will do.

A real surveyors type meter is going to cost about twice as much but
really
only gives you a relative difference to some known dry area. Using one is
more of an art than a science.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com