Gary Schafer

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:16:23 GMT, Bruce in Alaska
wrote:

In article ,
Gary Schafer wrote:

What's wrong with 1 ppm?

Regards
Gary

1 PPM is 1 Hz/Mhz Figure at 26 Mhz your now at 26 Hz plus or minus
Now the spec for modern MF/HF SSB Commercial Radios is +/- 20 Hz, so
you out of tolerence on frequency.
Not good enough to meet current Type Acceptance Spec's.....

Bruce in alaska

Hi Bruce,

Yes I understand the spec. But as far back as I can remember ssb being
used for marine applications the spec has been +- 20 hz. That was even
before synthesizers came to the market.

So I would guess that if the radio was specked at 1 ppm that it
probably did not cover anything above 20 mhz?? Probably only covered
through 16 mhz?

Regards
Gary