Doug

----- Original Message -----
From: "BOEING377"
Newsgroups: rec.boats.electronics
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 3:17 PM
Subject: Morrow SSSB-150... how to program this xcvr?

I bought n old Morrow SSSB-150 39 ch. synth HF marine radio and wonder if
anyone has info on how to program it. Is this rig from the company in

Oregon
that made the early ham mobile gear and later got into Lorans? Never saw

any
Morrow marine HF radios before this one. Thanks, Mark

I blew the dust off the shops old Morrow notebooks and found a "service"
manual for this radio. It is poor quality Xerox at best with schematics. I
haven't had time to review it in depth, but all I found in a fast scan
regarding programming was a list of HF SSB stations that looks way, way out
of date.
Yes, it was the original Morrow Company who made it, now part of ArNav I
think. IIMorrow came about later by the sons of the Morrow founder. The
were bought out by United Parcel Systems after a lot of money thrown away
trying to produce ACSSB commercially. Remember when US hams lost most of 220
MHz to that fiasco? Anyway, UPS uses the former IIMorrow to make GPS
tracking systems for their fleet and I believe the aviation part has since
been acquired by Garmin. At least some warranty for Garmin goes to Salem, OR
for aviation stuff.

Doug K7ABX