Skipper

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:22:43 -0500, Jeff Morris
wrote:

Gordon wrote:
Try the ussailing.org site for lors of anchor testing stuff.

This is an interesting site, but I was always annoyed that they compared
the Delta 33 to the larger anchors. Its always hard to do apples to
apples comparisons, but this report ignores that fact that the target
boat, a 40 to 45 foot cruising sailboat, is near the high end of the
recommended range for a Delta 33. Saying that the 33 "fails" the test
for 63 knots ignores the fact that it is not rated for those conditions,
and clearly the Delta 44 would have had a much better chance of passing.
The 44 would have also set much easier in some of the problem areas.

Right. I wouldn't dream of leaving my 46' boat with a 33 pound
anchor. Even my Danforth is 40 pounds. My opinion of the right size
Delta is more like 80, with plenty of chain.