Steven Shelikoff

Default Synthetic oil versus 2 cycle restrictions

On 23 Dec 2003 10:26:16 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 20 Dec 2003 19:39:11 GMT,
ospam (F330 GT) wrote:

Most people are under the impression that a 4-stroke is cleaner, but a DFI,
such as a late model Evinrude, has fewer total emissions than a late model
EFI 4-stroke. The great thing about DFI is that its emission output stays
fairly steady throughout the life of the motor.

Could that be because the 4-stroke lasts so much longer? Sorry,
couldn't resist.

When it comes to marine engines, I'll bet there's a whole lot more old 2
strokes than 4 strokes.

I couldn't resist either.

I'll be there isn't. Remember, we're talking about DFI 2 strokes. But
since you mentioned all marine engines, there could be a lot more old 4
strokes there as well. Just not outboards.

Hmm, are you including two stroke diesels in that data?

No. If you want to, go ahead. But only old marine ones.

Steve