Matthew Torkington

This reg only really matters if there is an "incident"..... at which point a
solo sailor cannot use this fact as an excuse.

It is a clear example of rules generated by lawyers and politicans.........
If ANY solo was have a 10 minute kip / made a cup of tea / put a note on the
chart / had a **** / etc and something happens they will get the
blame.......

This would be exactly the same if you didn't have a motorsailing day signal
in place you would in the rules be at fault.

That said..... it really is a bit anal to expect ppl to comply in all
circumstances.

And try to remember...... every yachtmaster was a dayskipper
once............................

Matt

"Dan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Capt. NealŪ wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message

Are you saying you have to be caught breaking the
law before you are actually breaking the law?

I think not!

You think right!

I'm saying there are thing I choose to ignore. Eg:

Col Regs: Motorsailing Triangle

Highway code: Wearing a fluresent Jacket as a pedestrian.

I've slept for 15 mins when sailing alone, we all have. You'd be
inhuman not to.