Broooz

"Allan Bennett" wrote in message
After letting my BCU membership lapse, I was told that my coaching
qualification was no longer valid, as I couldn't be up-to-date if I wasn't
member.

That is a requirement of most organisations that you stay a member for them
to confirm you are up to date.

...but I could revalidate the award by paying the back-fees. Which,
amazingly, would bring me back-on-track with their current practice!

The revalidation method adopted is not ideal but it is reasonably practical
and they are gradually strengthening it to bring it into line with what
operators want.

In the meantime, I had done more technical research than anyone else,
written
coaching newsletters, developed a new approach to teaching technique,
presented numerous lectures to packed audiences, run a development squad
(officially!), coached national champions and International team paddlers
and
taught on level 3 courses by request...

That's fine if you can persuade centres to accept this - and why shouldn't
they - then that is up to you. If you don't need it for a job, then it
doesn't matter anyway.

I refused to pay, stating that I thought it was corrupt.

HArdly