No Spam

Just got back from hiking with some friends - now if one of us would just
pry open our wallets and install a sauna or hot tub we would be all set ;

The weight training I started in December paid off but I should have done
some cardio work before now. We changed about 500ft in elevation in a very
short distance (down this grade at the start and back up at the end) and boy
was it rough. Oh well, I'll keep up the weights and the hiking until I can
get back in the boat. I feel I should be in pretty good shape by then.

Now if I could just find some friends that aren't as cheap as me, I might
get some sauna/hottub time.

Ken

"John" wrote in message
. ..
Pick an excercise that you would enjoy and you will be more likely to do

it.
Start slowly and build up.
For me it is swimming. 1/2 hr swim followed by 1/2 hr in sauna or hot tub

shoot the breeze. Excercise and social mix is attractive so I'm likely to
keep it up.
YMMV
John
"Steven Laughmiller" wrote in message
While I know the best way to get into shape for seakayaking is to go
and do it, I am currently building the boat so that is still a little
out of the question. What things can I do at the gym or otherwise to
help guide a sedentary out of shape body into a less painful
experience in sea kayaking kayaking. I am 52, heavier than I like
but working on that very hard. The gym has the usual compliment of
machines; I am currently working on cardio the most since it seems
like I need it the most right now to build up wind and endurance.
Many years of sitting in a chair making topo maps takes it toll!

I am not planning any expeditions on the Georgia coast soon but that
is the goal eventually in late summer or so. Until then, lakes and
slow rivers and short trips in the sounds around Savannah will do when
the boat gets built.

Anyone got suggestions. Thanks
Steve