OldNick

On 6 Feb 2005 07:29:22 -0800, "Larry C" vaguely
proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Let me pee on your parade.

Now _that's_ going to get you listened to!

Guys, I've grown up in the Bible Belt and have probably heard just
about every protestant religion at some point or another, and I have
never heard anyone in any of these religions spew such unadulterated
crap. In fact, quite the opposite, many protestant religions are quite
active in the environmental movement.

Well I have. I have heard from an otherwise quite sensible Catholic
that world population should not be controlled, because when the
crunch comes, it's simply God's will. ALl the suffereing (which we
already see) is OK. Watt's ideas are only just a bit further around
that bend.

I've come to the conclusion that the current fad of the left of blaming
all the ills of the country on the Christian Right as an act of mental
masturbation of a group that lost contact with the mainstream in 1968
and never has caught up. Even in this election, the percentage of
"Christian" voters was nearly the same as in past elections. But it's
easier to blame the "Christians" than to admit that the party supported
unpopular social views while failing to articulate a clearly defined
alternative to the present administration.

but blaming the "Christians" for
the failure of the Democratic party and the percieved lack of
environmental concern of the present administration is laughable.

Now here I agree with you. But I don't think the "Christians" are the
only ones being blamed. There are many at fault. Rampant greed is the
fault. But if a famous right Christian paints a target on the arse of
all of his ilk, they should blame _him_, not the people who talk
disparagingly about him.