Tinkerntom

Lord Monkey Fist wrote:
"riverman" wrote in message

"Larry C" wrote in message
oups.com...
Let me pee on your parade.

snip

Larry, its your assertation that YOU know mindset of the

'mainstream' that
is precisely the core of what is so distasteful ABOUT the Christian

right.
The 'moral majority' was neither moral nor in majority back in the

1970s,
nor is it today. And the entire 'we have Bush because of a failure

of the
democratic party' line is precisely what your political leaders are

telling you to believe while they manipulate the media and the laws

their own benefit, not yours. You'd be much more accurate to say

"we have
Bush because a lot of gullible people voted without looking too

deeply
into the situation, exactly as they were told to do."

Maybe mindless superstition and senseless rituals are all that

separate
YOU from the animals, but I like to think that we have the ability

reason and make judgements. Based on that last election, though,

I'm not
so sure.

--riverman

And here you have the arrogance of the democratic party. If you don't

agree
with me, you must be "gullible", you must be dumb and you must must

be
wrong.

Idiot.

If you were willing to get your head out of... the sand, you'd see

that
there are extremists on both the left and the right. There are

intelligent
well-meaning people on both sides. Unless you got your opinions from

mountain top, they aren't perfect and subject to be dead wrong.

It is perfectly acceptable for others to look at the facts and come

conclusions that differ with your point of view. No matter how

precious it
is to you and no matter how sure you are that your opinion must be

the Only
One, there must be room for disagreement in any great country.

And as long as they keep making the same conclusion about our
gullibility, they will keep seeing the same results. Out of touch, and
out of office! TnT