riverman

"Larry C" wrote in message
oups.com...
Let me pee on your parade.

Guys, I've grown up in the Bible Belt and have probably heard just
about every protestant religion at some point or another, and I have
never heard anyone in any of these religions spew such unadulterated
crap. In fact, quite the opposite, many protestant religions are quite
active in the environmental movement. I'm not talking about some wacko
the has a congregation of 6, but any viable and active large
congregation. Is this part of the creed of the Southern Baptist, the
largest single protestant group in the the US? I can tell you that it
isn't.

I've come to the conclusion that the current fad of the left of blaming
all the ills of the country on the Christian Right as an act of mental
masturbation of a group that lost contact with the mainstream in 1968
and never has caught up. Even in this election, the percentage of
"Christian" voters was nearly the same as in past elections. But it's
easier to blame the "Christians" than to admit that the party supported
unpopular social views while failing to articulate a clearly defined
alternative to the present administration.

I personally feel that mindless superstition and senseless rituals are
all that seperate us from the animals, but blaming the "Christians" for
the failure of the Democratic party and the percieved lack of
environmental concern of the present administration is laughable.

Larry, its your assertation that YOU know mindset of the 'mainstream' that
is precisely the core of what is so distasteful ABOUT the Christian right.
The 'moral majority' was neither moral nor in majority back in the 1970s,
nor is it today. And the entire 'we have Bush because of a failure of the
democratic party' line is precisely what your political leaders are telling
you to believe while they manipulate the media and the laws to their own
benefit, not yours. You'd be much more accurate to say "we have Bush because
a lot of gullible people voted without looking too deeply into the
situation, exactly as they were told to do."

Maybe mindless superstition and senseless rituals are all that separate YOU
from the animals, but I like to think that we have the ability to reason and
make judgements. Based on that last election, though, I'm not so sure.

--riverman