Doug Kanter

Default Batteries and baby bottles

"RG" wrote in message
. ..
Over the years, I've been pretty remiss in taking proper care of my
batteries.

They're always deep in the hold someplace; I NEVER have distilled water on
hand, and there are always other things that are easier and more fun to do
than check the water level and re-fill the batteries.

Yesterday, I discovered that the former owner of my latest toy ( a 16 ft.
Carolina Skiff) not only buried the battery belong a deck, he also hadn't
added water to the cells in a long time. I also realized that re-filling

it
in place was going to be a chore.

For once, ( since the level was so low) I went to the store and bought

some
distilled water. I also picked up a baby bottle, ( mostly because I

couldn't
find a funnel in a grocery store). I cut a 1/4 inch opening in the end off
of the nipple and now have a handy way to direct the water stream right

into
the cell openings.

Just thought I'd share.
RichG