Rich Stern

Default Trolling motor on a 21 foot boat?

I have a 21 foot boat with a mercruiser. Very close to the house, we
have a forest preserve with a nice little lake. The trouble is, they
do not allow gasoline motors to be operated. I might consider buying a
trolling motor to troll around. The question is, is a trolling motor
enough to push a 21 foot boat against wind? Mine does not have a very
high profile, it is a cuddy cabin type of boat.

I have a 55# Minn Kota on a pontoon boat. Even in a stiff wind, it can move
the pontoon boat ahead on full power. Your hull will have more drag than a
pontoon boat, but the pontoon boat catches a lot of wind.

-- Rich Stern
www.nitroowners.com - The Nitro and Tracker Owners Web Site
www.mypontoon.com - The Pontoon Boat Web Site
www.fishingreportdatabase.com - The Fishing Report Database