Short Wave Sportfishing

On 5 Feb 2005 06:40:40 -0800, wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

There are a number of specific benefits to the infusion method,
properly done. There are some weaknesses in roller lamination when
improperly done. I'd go through them with you but what would be the
point? You don't give a schlitz about vacuum infusion vs. roller
lamination. You merely seek a vehicle to make negative personal
remarks.

Speaking of the difference, I've often wondered if they use different
resins in vacuum molds. In the roller method, the epoxies are fairly
stiff (usually due to the "induction" time in which the catalyst acts
on the resin), but it would seem to me to achieve proper penetration
of the glass in a vacuum system, the liquids would be fairly light.

Yes/No?

Also, I would thank you not to use the name Schlitz in vain - my
maternal Grandfather was Schlitz's Master Brewer for almost 30 years.

Harrumph!! :)

Later,

Tom