NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:

I paid $14,900 (taxes, rigging included) for a 250 Suzuki. The trailer
is
probably $3500. That means they're selling that boat for almost $65k.
That seems like a lot of money for a 26' boat.

**********

It's a lot of money, but it's not out of whack with comparable
offerings. In fact, just try to find
anything except an open runabout for less than $50k in a new boat. Hard
to do. I just happened across an ad for an eight year old Grady White,
26', with an asking price of $47,000.

I paid $18k for my boat. I got 150 hours out of the original motor
before I blew the powerhead. I repowered with the Suzuki, and now have a
brand new motor pushing a very solid, functional 25' (center console with
forward cuddy) for $33k. I just can't see shelling out another $40-50
for the same boat new.

I'm glad there are people willing to buy new...'cause it sure makes it
nice when I can buy it cheap *after* all of the depreciation.

Darn, and I was going to offer you my Parker for $60,000.

That's not a bad price, but I'm waiting for Shortwave Sportfishing to offer
to sell me his Contender 31' Fisharound for $60k. ;-)