Alan Adams

In message . com
"ChipsCheeseandMayo" wrote:

Im a bit unsure about the whole coach update thing - I see that there
are a few coach update courses (about 3 this year in scotland) and I
guess they would contain everything I need to update?

There are two different things - updating your knowledge/skills, and
updating your qualifications. Guess which one you HAVE to do? Yep,
qualifications.

You update your qualifications by attending either one of the update
sessions, usually run by the LCO/RCO, or by attending ANY suitable coach
training or assessment course. I think Coaching Processes is one of them.
You only need to do this once every three years. You also, separately, need
to update your first aid every three years.

The update sessions will cover one of more of the current "hot topics" - the
mose recent ones around here were on coaching children.

You update your skills/knowledge by going on training courses.

Do courses entitled "coaching processes" count for the update? I am
finding it very hard to find out exactly what is required and I'm sure
some of you guys must have updated already and can help me out....

If I do do a curse how do I then letthe SCA know - is there some sort
of form?

If you go on a regional update the person running the session will notify
the BCU. If you go on a coach training or assessment that is notified. In
each case your logbook gets updated as well.

When you update your first aid YOU have to tell the BCU, as they don't
control those courses.

--
Alan Adams

http://www.nckc.org.uk/