P.Fritz

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:10:34 -0500, JohnH
wrote:

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:57:58 GMT, "Jim," wrote:

http://www.tompaine.com/articles/les..._president.php

extract

Calling for "courage and honesty," Mr. Bush delivered a State of the
Union address notably lacking in both. The speech covered the normal
bedsheet of issues, but its core was the president's plans on Social
Security. Bush and his political guru Karl Rove believe that they have
a chance to consolidate the power of the right wing for a generation-and
they are pushing to privatize Social Security.

How is allowing the *voluntary* placing of at most *4%* of your social
security deduction into an index fund, such as those in the Thrift
Savings Program, the 'privatizing' of social security?

Really. Most people (at least those who plan their retirement) already
have 401K or IRA accounts. This would be very similar in concept. Why
would anyone be against the chance to earn more money than what the
current social security plan would provide?

Because the big guvmint liebral would lose control over it.

I know I want more control over where my money goes.

Dave