Thanks for these. I am in the process of obtaining a 'full' ham
licence. I am aware that the set is not type-approved for marine SSB.
Its principle function will be for ham use - but it would seem foolish
not to have the option to access both sets of frequencies should the
need arise.

I was really hoping for information along the lines of, 'its fandoogle
is very sensitive to damp and it will immediately loose its
transmodulatory capability in a marine environment'.

(I am aware of its potential for brain death due to its volatile ROM)