Skipper

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:33:46 -0500, rhys wrote:

Hence the term "lunch". In my case, that's a 15 lb Danforth on 7 to 1
scope, with a 5/8" nylon rode. My main anchor is a 15 kg. Bruce on 200
feet of nylon with 20 feet of chain and a kedge if necessary and a big
old yachtsman's if something goes wrong and I drop the Danforth (which
is an alternate stern anchor).

My boat's 33 feet and 10,000 lbs. loaded. Why the hell would you leave
the boat when you've got just the "lunch" hook deployed? Leaving the
boat implies "shore hook" or "every hook because I'm not aboard to
check my anchors" .

I started with a 23' sloop and used an anchor rated for your boat.
I have never dragged and I have slept through several storms in
comfort.