Ste

On 3 Feb 2005 13:43:56 -0800, "ChipsCheeseandMayo"
wrote: snip

(Adapted from BCU Coaching Directory, Section 5/23)

The main purpose of updating is to ensure that coaches are kept up to
date with best practice. You need to update at least every three
years.

The main ways of revalidating a
1. Obtaining the next level coaching award, an award in an alternative
discipline, or assessor training.
2. Attending a coaching workshop.
3. Self certification.

The workshops are generally run on a regional basis and tend to have a
mix of theory and practical sessions and you get to meet other coaches
and steal (sorry adapt) their ideas. (or so I've heard, I've never
actually managed to get to one myself as they tend to be at weekends
when I'm working :-( ).

For local information contact your regional coaching organiser (I
think that's the term), if you don't know who they are contact the SCA
(0131 3177314) who will be more than happy to help.

Coaching processes, roughly speaking, is about how people learn and it
has been highly recommended to me. It's on my to-do list!

--
Ste, Ambleside