Doug Dotson

I believe that most newer ham rigs are now type accepted for
Marine SSB use. I know that the SGC SG-2000 was the only
one for a long time but I'm pretty sure there are others. Not sure
about the IC-751 specifically. Easy enough to find out though.

Doug, k3qt

"Me" wrote in message
In article .com,
wrote:

Dear All

Does anyone have any experience/comments on the suitability of the Icom
IC-751 for use on board both for ham and marine SSB work - I believe
they can easily be opened to transmit outside the ham bands.
Is there any way to use for email by SSB?

Thanks

Ok, are you ready for the inevitable FLAME, for suggesting that it is
OK to use a NON-TYPE ACCEPTED Radio on Frequencies that Require TYPE
ACCEPTED Radio Equipment? Better get you Asbestos Suit ON, as they are
sure to be coming your way.

Me who knows better than to ask "THAT" Stupid question around
here.....