Roger Long

Here's the review:

http://www.multihullsmag.com/magazin...cles/delta.htm

I just got back from the marine supply store where I put a CQR and a
Delta of the same weight side by side. It is very convincing. All
the weight of the Delta is digging it in whereas the hinged shank of
the CQR is actually relieving the weight on the tip. Furthermore,
handling both, I realized what a pain it would be to have the head of
the CQR flopping around.

There was also an aluminum Spade of the same size but quite a bit
lighter, of course. It had about the same fluke area. I'm sorry
Glen, I really like your web site but it just doesn't feel like an
anchor to me. I probably would like the steel version better. If I
had a weight sensitive boat, it would be the way to go. The Delta
feels enormously reassuring just to pick up and hold. The Bruce's
just didn't grab me although I'm sure they can grab other things.

--

Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in message
I'm swinging (no pun) to the Delta. I read a review (sorry, forgot
to save the link) by someone who compared it to the CQR over a long
trip. As a designer, I found one point (again, no pun) compelling.
The hinge isolates much of the anchor weight of the CQR from
pressing the tip down. It also makes the anchor more of a pain to
handle.

The very experienced builders of these boats

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Challenger_Class.HTM

love the Bruce and we put one on the last one.

I'll probably get a Spade when I finally head off for Newfoundland
but money is flying out the door right now equipping this boat and
the Delta looks like a good compromise. I'm one of those people who
take a lot of care setting my anchors so the easy set of the Bruce
isn't as compelling.

--

Roger Long