Roger Long

I'm swinging (no pun) to the Delta. I read a review (sorry, forgot to
save the link) by someone who compared it to the CQR over a long trip.
As a designer, I found one point (again, no pun) compelling. The
hinge isolates much of the anchor weight of the CQR from pressing the
tip down. It also makes the anchor more of a pain to handle.

The very experienced builders of these boats

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Challenger_Class.HTM

love the Bruce and we put one on the last one.

I'll probably get a Spade when I finally head off for Newfoundland but
money is flying out the door right now equipping this boat and the
Delta looks like a good compromise. I'm one of those people who take
a lot of care setting my anchors so the easy set of the Bruce isn't as
compelling.

--

Roger Long