Skipper

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 03:13:32 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

I've read through all the reviews and replies. I'm going to put a
Spade on my wish list of stuff to buy for that cruise to Newfoundland.
In the meantime I think a CQR, which the boat is already set up for,
is probably my best choice.

Is there any significant difference between the genuine CQR (which is
still more than I want to spend in the same year we paid for the boat)
and the Kingston or Sascot versions?

I have not heard anything bad about these new versions. Whatever
anchor you get, get oversize and use plenty of chain. Do not use
connecting links in your chain. Most chain failures are due to a "weak
link" from using a connecting link. Use only a shackle rated at least
as strong as your chain.
Remember that your ground tackle is the system that lets you sleep
in comfort. It's not your mattress or your heater that really gives
you comfort during the night; it's your anchor and rode.