Marty S.

Default What is best Christmas present for an avid boat admirer?

Take a look at his tools. See which ones are the most beat up and get a
replacement from Home Depot or Lowe's (or wherever). On one hand, if they
are the most beat up, he uses them the most and really likes/needs them so
he might not want/need a replacement since he's so comfortable with the old
tool. On the other hand, he could take it back to the store for something
that he really needs/wants or has always wanted. The "thought" is what
counts -- as a father of several teenagers, any gift related to his interest
or hobby is a good thing. It shows him that you know something about him.

And, hold onto the receipt and give him the "narrative" of why you got it
for him ("Dad, I saw that your hand saws were really pitted and dull, so I
thought you could use a couple new ones.") and then follow it up with a
disclaimer, ("But I didn't know exactly what you need or could use for your
boat building, so these saws are returnable to Home Depot. If you do return
them, I'd really like to come with you and help you pick out something
useful so that next year I could do this again!".... and then finish the
conversation with, "... and I'll buy lunch, Dad".

Trust me.. as the father of teenagers... he'll remember this Xmas forever.

Good luck.. let us know how it goes!!!

--
Marty S.
Baltimore, MD USA

"CapriciousD" wrote in message
om...
My name is David.
I am 16 years old and I want to know what to get my father for
Christmas (who is a nut when it comes to boats). He has built many
boats in his time. First he ever built was a Sunfish 14' with his
brother. But he is older now and he wants badly to build a boat for
our family, but doesn't find the time. I just want to know what the
best gift could be to someone who bellieves Zuzuki makes the best
outboard, the Nonsuch is the Goddess of sailboats and life doesn't get
sweeter than a Mercury BigFoot.

Any suggestion please reply to this or e-mail me directly.

Thanks in advance
Dave