Larry W4CSC

"beaufortnc" wrote in
ups.com:

Anyone know of, or have the resources to start, a list of spots on the
ICW where a public WiFi system is available while at anchor?
Would be pretty helpful to all,

Mike.

AS of this week.....You can use the WiFi network at Charleston's Ashley
Marina for free from any computer in range. Charleston City Marina has a
WiFi network, but you have to stop by the office and PAY for a
username/password so you can PAY for internet service beyond your dock
fees.

I doubt Ashley Marina's network will survive the condoization process. Our
boating friends decided $125,000 + $200/mo "regime fee" + whatever else
they want to assess you for when they run out of money to blow...was a bit
much and have already moved, or are in the process of moving.

http://www.theharborageatashleymarina.com/

Imagine the law suit these webpages will generate if the deal doesn't close
to the original owner, whos business is now ruined by the announcement.

I don't think I know any other Charleston marina that provides WiFi
service. Both these marinas are in the Ashley River where the ICW turns
South out of the harbor, to starboard headed South