Wally

"Edgar" wrote in message news:3vxLd.6799

Get a clue, dummy - I said I didn't know what the colregs had for

defining
'overtaking'.

No you did not, and I quote from your post on 30/01/ 05 "I don't know

what
it says in the Colregs..."
You then go on to talk about overlaps in racing. Get a clue.

Selective, decontextualised bull****. You're grasping at straws already.

Get another clue, dummy - I was referring to the overtakING boat. If

he's
upwind and can't point any higher, he can tack away to avoid a

collision.

That is nonsense. Why should an overtakING boat tack right away from his
desired course when he can ease sheets, pick up speed and pass clear to
leeward of the overtaken boat? Think about it. Go or a sail sometime.

Be
careful out there...

Where did I say that tacking away was his only choice?