Capt. Mooron

Yeah... well there are 3 reefs in the bay.... one in the middle that
everyone runs aground on. If you enter on the stbd side there is a clean
deep sand entry good to the shore. I've seen a half dozen boats go aground
in Brewer's Bay.

CM

"JG" wrote in message
TMM had Brewers on the no-go list when we got there. Apparently, a
previous charter boat "came to grief" there, according to the guy who
checked us out that day.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"DSK" wrote in message
JG wrote:
Have you been to Green Cay? If it's not to surgy, it's a great place...
beautiful beaches, snorkling is ok too. Less dramatic landing with the
dinghy than Sandy Cay.

Yes, and we liked Little Jost Van Dyke better than JVD. The charter
companies don't want you to go to the good places (such as Brewer's Bay)
which is fine with me.

Anageda & Eustatia Reef was the best snorkeling we've found there,
although some of the places off the beaten path like Mountain Pt & South
Sound are pretty good. The lack of crowds appeal to me. We also went to
the Invisibles which was interesting & different.

Anageda can be tricky... strong current and breakers most of the time.
Not only dangerous but it pulls people into situations where they damage
the reef.

It makes me furious to see tourists standing on the reef or handling
things. The locals explain the proliferation of dead coral by saying
"hurricane damage" but there's more than that going on. We saw a fair
amount of healthy stuff and regrowing coral, but not in the places jammed
with charter boats.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King