Jim Donohue

Nope..Almost certainly an active preamp. Not a loading coil. See Me
comment. Jim
"R.W. Behan" wrote in message
Thanks for the information, Larry. (There ARE some electronic wizards
around here!) If you know of anyone who could possibly use this antenna,
I'd be happy to send it to them for the cost of shipping. Otherwise I
might well use if for a flagstaff.

Cheers,

Dick

"L. M. Rappaport" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:18:29 -0800, "R.W. Behan"
wrote (with possible editing):

Thanks, Brian--

It's a whip, with a cylindrical fixture at the base about 1-2 inches in
diameter and maybe 1 foot high. Is this a "coupler?" If so, I'd be
happy
to put it in anyone's hands who could use it. Do you know of anyone?

Cheers,

Dick B.

It sounds like a loading coil, which if properly tapped will offer
close to the 50 ohm match the receiver wants.
--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com