DSK

JG wrote:
I was amazed by the performance of the boat. I was thinking that it would be
a condoram, but it sailed nicely and was at least equal to a 47 mono on a
close haul for speed.

Oh baloney. We sailed BEYC's Express 37 (named 'Cosmis Warlord') twice
and hit double digit speeds. It goes 8+ knots close hauled in 10 knot winds.

... It didn't point quite as well, but within a few
degrees of the mono we were playing with on the way to Anegada.

There was another cat (I believe it was a Mooring 4500) that also went to
Anegada at the same time. They never did more than close reach and had a
much longer course, but we only beat them by about a 1/2 hour.

I wouldn't have asked if you were jealous. :-)

I'd like a chance to sail on some of the big cats, but the more
performance oriented ones attract me more. As more of the charter cats
obsolesce out of the charter fleet, the prices are coming down & we'll
see more of them cruising. It's probably easier to get the performance
out of them than a fast monohull, but they're still not fast when
compared to a fast monohull. Compared to an Out Island? Sure, but why?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King