Capt. NealŪ

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message ...
Capt. NealŪ wrote:
You are being purposely closed-minded. I still am asking you to
describe one situation where if both sailboats are following the
sailing rules why would Rule 13 ever come into play.

As stated elsewhere, approaching from directly astern is not covered under Rule 12.

Since you have not and cannot, I stick by my statement that
given the three sailing rules and given they are being followed,
Rule 13 is superfluous.

Superfluous or not, it still exists. Or are you claiming that the rules are optional?

Definitely not! The Rules are not optional. This is why the sailing rules
must be followed. And, if they are followed and understood, there
is no case where it is necessary to apply Rule 13.

That's all I'm saying and you are trying to play lawyer and confuse the
simple issue.

CN