Wally

"Edgar" wrote in message news:C_7Ld.6675

I find it hard to believe some of the posts in this thread, especially

when
one poster admits he does not know what is in the colregs!

Get a clue, dummy - I said I didn't know what the colregs had for defining
'overtaking'.

In a non-racing
situation why should anyone seriously suggest that a boat which is being
overtaken by another should 'tack away'?

Get another clue, dummy - I was referring to the overtakING boat. If he's
upwind and can't point any higher, he can tack away to avoid a collision.